Long Range Planning Ministry
Under direction of Council:
- Coordinate the process of developing and documenting Prince of Peace’s mission and vision statements.
- Communicates the mission and vision to the congregation.
- Develop long-range plans that address the future staff, program, and facility needs of the congregation.
- Explores new ventures and opportunities for growth.
- Coordinate periodic leadership forums designed to bring all ministries, teams, and task forces together to facilitate communication between the leaders, help set short-term directions for the congregation, and coordinate schedules.
Ministry Team Member Time Commitment:
- Two-year term.
- Monthly meetings, typically 2 hours or less.
- Some project work and extra time required to plan and participate in leadership or visioning events. These have occurred 2-3 times per year, and are typically held on Saturday mornings.
Ministry Team Member Skills:
- No special training required.
- It’s helpful to have the ability to think strategically, to envision challenges (and potential solutions), and to identify opportunities for long-term congregational growth.