The mission of the Personnel Committee is to implement personnel policies and address personnel issues that arise at Prince of Peace. The committee also recommends and implements new policies as approved by the Congregation Council. The committee bases its work on the Employee Handbook as well as the church constitution.
Among the regular responsibilities of the committee*
- Conduct annual position reviews of the non-pastoral staff.
- Maintain job descriptions and review forms.
- Maintain the Prince of Peace Employee Handbook.
- Make annual compensation increase recommendations.
- Conduct candidate searches and interviews and make hiring recommendations for job openings.
- Address and make recommendations on all other issues related to employment at Prince of Peace.
* Most decisions and recommendations made by Personnel are submitted to Council for approval.