Wednesdays · 6:00 - 7:05 pm
CONFIRMATION SUNDAY | APRIL 23, 2023
2022-23 Confirmation Handbook · 2022-23 Confirmation Registration Form
Congratulations, Confirmation Class of 2023!
Last Sunday, April 23, our eight (8) Confirmands of the Confirmation Class of 2023 affirmed their baptismal promises during the 9:40 am Affirmation of Baptism Service. What a joyous and beautiful day it was to celebrate such a significant milestone in our PoP youth’s Faith Journey!
Delicious cake was enjoyed, hugs and laughs were abundant, and many a happy tear made an appearance as our youth was celebrated throughout the morning. (And who knew so many of our young women shared the same middle name of Maria!?). May we continue to support and pray for them as they take the next steps in continuing on their paths.
Please enjoy some photos from the celebration last Sunday, sprinkled with snapshots of our Men's Choir Ensemble during the 8 am worship service, PoP Praise Worship Team, and our youth and littlest ones, taken by PoP staff and members.
Another congratulations and God's blessings to our Confirmands!
Confirmation classes for the 2023-2024 school year for our 6th - 9th graders will resume this fall. Stay tuned for more info as the season approaches!
Hello Confirmation Students and Families!
We are excited that our 2022-2023 Confirmation Program is underway!
First of all, we would like to welcome our 6th grade students to the Confirmation Program! We are so excited to be with you on this next step of your faith journey!
We are also very excited as we look forward to a new year of Confirmation with 6th - 9th grade students at Prince of Peace. As we plan and prepare for how that will look, we have a few dates and details to share with you below.
Confirmation Wednesdays run from 6-7:05 pm in this in-person model, and new this year is a Large Group Closing from 7:00-7:05 pm.
We will NOT be offering a virtual option this year. As an alternative for those who would prefer to complete their Confirmation coursework at home, we will be providing an "at-home" alternative, which you can select on the registration form. If interested, please email Brigetta so that you can set up a time to further discuss the "at-home" option.
Currently, as we continue to navigate the pandemic, we plan to use the mitigation strategy of social distancing.
As seems to be standard these days, we pray, we plan, we adjust, and we pray some more. With that, at the moment, we are looking to have in-person Confirmation beginning on Wednesday, September 21st at 6:00 pm with an in-person Parent/Student Orientation. The first day of classes will take place on Wednesday, September 28th at 6:00 pm. The evening will begin with a lesson time as a large group, with Pastor Roger and Pastor Jennifer alternating teaching the topic of the week. After that, we will dismiss to smaller groups for further discussion as well as time to connect and share.
The Season of Lent begins Sunday, Feb. 26. Students, please plan to attend the midweek Lenten worship services starting next Wednesday, March 1 - 29.
Just a reminder that LAST DAY of Confirmation is April 19 at 6 pm, and CONFIRMATION SUNDAY is April 23. Please be sure to check your inboxes for details to come soon regarding these two dates and information we will be requesting from you!
Service Projects on Sundays in Lent!
During Lent, All-Congregational & Confirmation activities will be available for everyone to enjoy. They will run from 9-11 am in an Open House style format–come when you can and leave when you want! Join us in the COMMUNITY ROOM THIS Sunday, Feb. 26 and NEXT Sunday, Mar. 5 anytime from 9-11 am to help assemble WELCA kits for Lutheran World Relief (LWR). More info can be found here. We are still looking for students, along with their families, to help lead our service projects during Lent. If you're interested in helping out, or have any ideas you'd like to share, please reach out to Pastor Jennifer!
IMPORTANT DATES (Jan - April 2023):
- Wed, Jan. 11 - Wed, Feb. 15: Large Group classes in Fellowship Hall at 6 pm
- Wed, Feb 22: Ash Wednesday – All Confirmation students to attend 6:15 pm worship service
- Wed, March 1 - 29: All Confirmation students to attend midweek Lenten worship at 6:15 pm
- Sun, April 2 - Friday, April 7: Holy Week
- Sun, April 9: Easter Sunday
- Wed, April 19: LAST DAY of CONFIRMATION |6 pm
- Sun, April 23: CONFIRMATION SUNDAY! | Details to come!
Access, complete and submit a 2022-23 online Confirmation Registration Form today! The registration deadline is Sunday, September 11! To best be aware of the needs/preferences of all of our families, we have added a question on the form regarding your preferred participation format: in-person or at-home.
Also, if you are interested in being a part of our Confirmation Leader contingency, walking alongside our Confirmation students in the part of their faith journey, please reach out to the pastors! This is a great opportunity to help our students expand their faith web, and to build a lifelong faith-based connection!!
Thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate this time. We are looking forward to another great year of Confirmation as we learn and grow together in God's teachings!
IMPORTANT DATES (Sept. '22 - Jan. '23):
- Wednesday, Sept. 21 – IN-PERSON (at PoP) Parent/Student Meeting @ 6:00 pm: This will be an opportunity to reconnect and discuss the upcoming year, including Confirmation start times, schedule and calendar, and comfort levels during Covid.
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 – IN-PERSON (at PoP) – 1st Day of Confirmation Groups, from 6:00 - 7:05 pm
- Wednesday, Nov. 23 – Thanksgiving Eve Worship Service at 6:15 pm: Confirmands should plan to attend.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30 – NO CONFIRMATION – HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- Sunday, Dec. 4 - Sunday, Dec. 18 – Sundays in Advent: Confirmands will do service projects with congregation members on Sunday mornings in the CLR and/or Narthex. Take a look at photos from the kickoff!
- Wednesday, January 4 | 6 pm: 9th grade Mentor Meeting for students, parents and mentors in the sanctuary
- Wednesday, January 11 | 6pm: 6th, 7th and 8th grade Confirmation resumes with the large group lesson in the Fellowship Hall