Hello 6th-9th Grade Confirmation Families!
We are so excited to be able to share with you a few details about our upcoming roll-out of Confirmation 2020-21. At the current time, we have decided that it will be the safest to start our Confirmation year in a virtual format.
- We recognize that many will be attending school in a similar fashion, so we are looking to keep small group time a little shorter than when we meet 'in person.' Hence, our Wednesday night Confirmation sessions will be approximately 20-minutes depending on topics/discussions.
- Each grade will discuss a 'topic of the week', as well as do fun activities to stay connected with each other.
- Class times are staggered by grades with a short break in between in case discussions run over and/or leaders need to prep for the next session. (see schedule below).
- In the current plan, we will not include the Oasis worship service as a part of Confirmation. Our goal is to offer the students an opportunity to continue to learn more and grow their faith while keeping strong connections with small group leaders and peers.
- We have a few new features that we are very excited to roll out this year!! Stay tuned for more details on that.
- Parent Orientation is Wednesday, September 16th - see details below.
As with everything, things evolve and change and we will make sure to keep you up to date on any shifts that may take place for Wednesday evenings.
Here are a few of the tentative details:
Find REGISTRATION FORMS HERE! (Please return completed registration forms by September 15th!)
We plan to follow this schedule starting Wednesday, September 23rd for the duration of virtual Confirmation:
- 6th/7th grade - 6:15-6:35 pm
- 8th grade - 6:45-7:05 pm
- 9th grade 7:15-7:35 pm
We will have an online parent orientation (most likely via Zoom) on Wednesday, September 16th, at a time that is to be determined.
- We will go over the 2020-21 Handbook, schedule, format, curriculum, expectations and any concerns or questions you may have.
- Note: the handbook will be emailed home. Your students are welcome to join, however, we also will be going over all the details with them the following week on September 23rd in our small group times.
As always, our small group leaders are an integral part for the success of our Confirmation Program. While this year will look a little different, we are still seeking Small Group Leaders to both facilitate conversations, as well as to be a part of the growing 'Faith Web' for our youth at Prince of Peace. If you are interested in being a small group leader/facilitator, please reach out to Brigetta or Corrina. Training is provided!
Recapping/Schedule for the first few months -
- Until otherwise decided, all small group time will be held virtually.
- Weekly Small groups (virtual) begin September 23
- There will be no small groups on October 21 or November 25th
If you have any questions or concerns, please connect with us - we can be reached via our PoP emails -
Brigetta - email@example.com
Corrina - firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to seeing everyone soon - current members and new guests welcomed!!
Have a blessed day!
Peace from your Prince of Peace LC Faith Formation Coordinators